John D. Beckler II (@JDBeckler) and I decided to get together over drinks and talk all facets fantasy football next week. But then had an idea why not invite everyone who is passionate about fantasy football to join the conversation. So we decided to do a few podcasts on some of the very issues we would be discussing and the idea of the Fantasy Football Summit was born. Join us next week on FantasyTrade411 Radio Network. as we discuss general fantasy football topics. Note: The topics below are just points we may hit on as we want this to be an open forum so fantasy football writers and players alike feel free to call in discuss anything related to the corresponding day topic base (347)826-9195. There will be a chat room open for each podcast so if you don’t want to call in please join the discussion in the chat rooms. Also, we will be live tweeting the three-day event each night using the hashtag #FFSummit if you want to follow along and discuss there as well.
Monday May 20 8PM- 10PM EST
*Discussing Many General Fantasy Football topics
- Should PPR be the “new” official standard in fantasy football
- What are ways we can reduce the luck factor in fantasy football
- Roto Fantasy Football?
- Are there other ways we can improve the game?
- Dynasty, IDP and other formats
-G eneral Draft Strategies What works and what may not work?
- Is there a superior format to use? (ESPN,Yahoo, CBS, MFL, NFL.com, etc) Positive and Negatives?
- Useful Tools to use to dominate the competition
Tuesday, May 21 8PM-10PM EST
*Discussing The daily gaming aspect of fantasy football
- What site is best site to use
- What are the positives and negatives of each site?
- Can a profit be made playing?
- Pros and Con of daily gaming
- Does writing lineups create an issue (i.e. people profiting off of in some cases free work)
- Should all lineup advice given be given through a premium package from a writer?
- How can writers make more than just referrals?
- Useful tolls to dominate the competition
Wednesday, May 22 8PM – 10PM EST
*Social Media and Other media being used in fantasy football
- Google Hangouts
- Twitter etiquette (i.e. Trolling, Subtweeting, Answering other people’s questions)
- How can writers do a better job of communication to our audience and each other?
- Are there things that fantasy football writers can do better to serve the community?
- What are some sites that excel at providing quality new advanced statistics?
- Useful tools to dominate the competition
- Day 1 and Day 2 Feedback Review (Review emails and social media conversation about the #FFSummit)
So again feel free fantasy football writers and fantasy football players to call in and discuss the topics above or something else that is on your mind (347)826-9195, join the chat room, or join the conversation on twitter using the hashtag #FFSummit. Looking forward to hearing from you and thank you for contributing to the discussion.