He’s risky as hell, but I’m having a tough time not putting DeMarco Murray in most of my linueups
Welcome to Week 9!
Before I get to the lineups…
- …FantasyPros let me test this really cool tool on the site this week that basically takes my Week 9 Rankings and combines them with salary values on daily sites to show which players give the best fantasy value on each site. Here are tools for FanDuel, DraftKings, and DraftStreet.
- …A few of you have asked me about what games to play. If you’re new to daily fantasy, I’d recommend playing in a bunch of head-to-head matchups and 50/50s. Play a bunch of $1 or $2 matchups so that you can do like 5-10 lineups and see what happens when you do different things with your lineup. You’ll get a good feel of what types of things work better than others and will be able to move up to the $5-$10 games after a while. The large tournament games are fun too (and give you higher upside), but they’re also really hard to win, so I’d recommend saving those for when you get a better feel for daily.
- In terms of building my roster, here’s what I usually do:
- Pick a defense (preferably a cheap one with a good matchup)
- Pick a kicker (preferably one of the cheapest one kicking in a dome or good weather)
- Snag a quarterback who I’m confident in (either an expensive one or a good weekly streamer)
- Pick a cheap RB and WR option (there are usually a couple cheap guys each week)
- Fill in the rest of my spots with high-priced studs and/or strong weekly plays
Anyway, enough babbling…onto my Week 9 player recommendations followed by screenshots of a few my lineups from FanDuel, DraftStreet, and Draft Day. You know where to find me if you have any questions!
For each position, I’m going to give you 3 levels of players at each position:
- High Roller (if you’re looking to spend big a position, here’s the guy you should spend on)
- Value Aisle (guys who are somewhere in the middle in terms of price, but have top-10 upside this week)o
- Bargain Basement (really cheap guys who are honestly pretty risky, but have the upside to provide huge value at a really low cost)
High Roller: Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Cam Newton
Value Aisle: Tom Brady, Ben Roethilisberger
Bargain Bin: Terrelle Pryor, Jake Locker
High Roller: Jamaal Charles, LeSean McCoy
Value Aisle: Eddie Lacy, DeMarco Murray, Danny Woodhead, Ray Rice, Darren McFadden
Bargain Bin: Darren Sproles, Trent Richardson, Zac Stacy
High Roller: Dez Bryant, Jordy Nelson
Value Aisle: Terrance Williams, Steve Smith, Pierre Garcon, T.Y. Hilton, Keenan Allen, Antonio Brown
Bargain Bin: Golden Tate, Aaron Dobson, Dexter McCluster, Kendall Wright, Darrius Heyward-Bey
High Roller: Rob Gronkowski, Jimmy Graham
Value Aisle: Antonio Gates, Jordan Reed
Bargain Bin: Coby Fleener, Martellus Bennett
If you’re spending big, I think Kansas City and Seattle are the two options this week. They both have great matchups. If you wanna go medium or cheap (which I probably will), here are few good options: Green Bay, Tennessee, New Orleans, Dallas, and Indianapolis
Here are a few I’ll be using this week as long as they come cheap on whatever site I’m playing on Garrett Hartley, Nick Novak, Kai Forbath, Greg Zuerlein, Sebastian Janikowski
And now, here are a few examples of lineup I’ll be using this week (these are for DraftDay, FanDuel, and DraftStreet). I tried to mix these up a bit, since playing the same lineup in all your matchups is just a bad idea.